You don’t need to have a party to make this!
2 cups Rice Chex or 2 cups Crispix cereal
2 cups Wheat Chex or 2 cups Crispix cereal
2 cups Corn Chex or 2 cups Crispix cereal
2 cups honeycomb cereal–optional
2 cups pretzel sticks (I use Rold Gold brand)
2 cups dry roasted peanuts
1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup light corn syrup
2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce, Kikkoman brand is best
3/4 cup oil
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
10 drops Tabasco sauce
2 (2-ounce) bottles Nori Komi Furikake
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
2. Mix together all the cereals, pretzels, and peanuts in a large baking pan. Use the light tin foil ones that you can buy from the store to roast turkey works really well!.
3. Divide the mixture between the two pans.
4. In a medium-sized sauce pan, melt the butter.
5. Add the sugar and dissolve well.
6. Add the corn syrup, soy sauce, oil, Worcestershire sauce, and Tabasco Sauce. Stir until blended well.
7. Pour over the cereal mixture, one pan at a time, and mix well.
8. Put into the oven.
9. After 10 minutes, remove from oven, and add one bottle of Furikake to each pan. Mix around to evenly distribute Furikake and sauce from the bottom.
10. Continue baking for about 1-2 hours, stirring every 10 minutes.
11. The cooking time fluctuates depending on how crispy you want it, and how humid it is.
12. Store in an air-tight container.